I love chicken salad. It is one of my go to meals for all kinds of occasions. It’s great for parties with fancy bread or croissants. It’s a quick meal idea for leftover roasted chicken. I’ll even eat it for breakfast. It’s low-carb if you forego the bread. Chicken salad is a very versatile recipe. Also I know there are a thousand different recipes for it, but this is how I make it.
First gather your ingredients:
You can add anything else you want (like celery for instance), but what I use is shredded chicken, mayonnaise, pickle relish (chopped up homemade bread & butter pickles if I have them), boiled eggs, purple onion, salt, pepper, and curry.
After I have everything gathered and chopped up I add everything except the chicken and mayonnaise:
Once that is all mixed up I add they mayonnaise and mix everything together:
Add the chicken after that and mix well to completely coat the chicken. If it looks a little dry, add mayonnaise by the tablespoon until it looks coated-it’s going to dry out a little once you refrigerate it. At this point you can stick it in the refrigerator to chill or you can eat it right away.
- 2 cups shredded Chicken
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled Eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pickle Relish (sweet or dill)
- 1/4 cup diced Red Onion
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Pepper
- Combine eggs, relish, onion, curry, salt, and pepper in large bowl and mix well.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add chicken and stir mixture until coated. If too dry, add mayonnaise by a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to chill.