Curry Chicken is one of my favorite recipes. Growing up I can remember my grandma Emma making this dish-she got it at some point while my grandpa was serving in the military. The military life was before my time, but I have many memories of cooking in her kitchen.
It’s quick, simple, and doesn’t require many ingredients. If you’re trying to eat more vegetables you can add broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. You can also freeze it after it’s cooked whether you cook it ahead for a family meal or split it into single portions for lunches.
- 3 cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- 1 large Yellow or White Onion
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 15 ounce cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut onion and bell pepper into 1 inch pieces.
- Add oil, pepper, and onions to large skillet and cook on medium-high until vegetables start to soften.
- Add chicken and cook til edges brown slightly.Add tomato sauce and curry powder. Cook until heated through
- Serve over rice.